POSITION: SENIOR AUDIT ASSOCIATE
The Senior Audit Associate participates in and leads staff on audit engagements. The incumbent is afforded the opportunity to undertake more challenging assignments, clients, staff responsibilities relating to auditing procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
• Run client audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing and completing integrated and financial statement audits, and managing to budget.
• Supervise, train, and mentor audit associates and interns on the audit process, and assess performance of audit staff for audit engagement reviews and year-end performance reviews.
• Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
• Research and analyze accounting issues and transactions, and audit-related and tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
• Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform the audit services.
• Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Assist audit partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives, and utilize that knowledge on the audit engagements.
• Participate in the firm’s on-going audit recruiting efforts as needed.
• Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related business field required.
• CPA, ACCA, or CIMA is highly desirable.
• 3-5 years of progressive audit experience in a professional services firm.
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Strong technical accounting skills.
• Ability to supervise audit staff and lead client projects.
• Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
• Ability to manage multiple client engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
• Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
• Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.